Joy lies in the fight, in the attempt, in the suffering involved, not in the victory itself

(Ghandi)

Sunday, May 31, 2009

This One's For Coyote and Juno




I made the top LOLCAT from a photo of my cat Sami - I heard Wandering Coyote might be in need of a new therapist and most of us agree cats make the best doctors. Then the second LOLCAT is one I saw today at www.icanhascheezburger.com and I instantly thought of the beautiful and voluptuous Juno and her BLFD.

Wandering Coyote's blog was the first one I found, back in Jan/Feb when I was struggling with my psychotic breakdown and eventual diagnosis with Borderline Personality Disorder. I googled "California Rocket Fuel", the medication combo I was on (Effexor and Mirtazapine), and lo and behold I found a kindred spirit. Coyote found herself a stalker hahahahaha. Jokes. No, really! Through Coyote I found my other blogging friends, all of whom have helped me navigate my way to semi-sanity. I just wanted to say thanks, and to reassure her that even on days when she feels like shit she means the world to me (to us, yeah?).

7 comments:

jennifer said...

I haven't owned a cat since I was a kid because my mom is somewhat allergic to them, so I really don't know how good they are at being therapists, but I do know that any pets are good for mental health.

I love Coyote too. I think her blog was the first BPD blog I found when I started searching for them

Just Be Real said...

Those are great captions for those two. Thank you for sharing Lil!

Laura said...

lol love the pics

Wandering Coyote said...

Thank you so much, Lil! This has made my morning! I'm so grateful we found each other, too. You and the other mental health bloggers I've come to know have rocked my world and made me feel way less lonely and marginalized.

The feeling is mutual, BPD in OKC!

And what would I do without Juno? God only knows...

Sami is adorable, Lil!

Thanks again, my friend!

Annie D. said...

I'm so cheery to hear of the special connection between you and Wandering Coyote. I've only "known" her a few days and I feel inspired by her. I would say the same for you, and this blog. Congratulations on coming so far and for finding a tool like this blog to restore you. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. Your sense of humor is the first thing that drew me to your blog-- but now only one of the things that keeps me coming back. You are a treasure Lil.

Unknown said...

its true about cats...they do listen...more than we give them credit. And the wonderful thing about it...uncondition love. No judgement. and no criticism!

I love my Baby! She is spoiled!