Joy lies in the fight, in the attempt, in the suffering involved, not in the victory itself

(Ghandi)

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

how many times could you have blown a kiss...

...but instead you swung your fist? My favourite band at the moment are The View, and that line is from their song "Beautiful". I like that line because it sums up how much of life is choice, and how much choice affects our self-esteem. I am trying to be more positive this week, in an attempt to re-wire my mind/body connection and perhaps feel healthier. Wish me luck!

In the spirit of such things, I am copying some of my favourite bloggers (Sarah at This Lunatic Express and D'Arty at Living In Iowa as well as the fabulous Wandering Coyote) and writing a post about the positive things in my life. It may end up being short haha! But it's something I don't "do", and should. I am grateful for a lot, and need to focus on that rather than feeling sorry for myself. So here goes.



  • My relationship with my angel Neil is healthy, and happy, and he's a damn fine bloke. I'm lucky!


  • Biological Family continues to be a positive experience, after many years of the opposite. My mum is finally in therapy, which is great for her but also the rest of us (-:


  • We recently got a new addition to the family, Roxy - an 18 month old cat who belongs to Neil's son Jarrad but is equally loved by all of us. Except my cat Charly, who is not one to play well with others... Here's Roxy...








  • My ten pin bowling team No Deal are placed second in our league, and considering we are an all-girl team that's pretty awesome! Traditionally men bowl better than women, apparently. Blah.


  • Michelle (my former housemate) and I have tickets to the Roller Derby on May 21st which will be freakin' wicked!!


  • I no longer have to take valium regularly to survive work, even though I'm working fulltime. It's a fairly dull job, but worthwhile, and I'm left alone doing it. It's quiet and low stress.


  • I have an appointment with Doctor Graeme, my lovely GP, on Friday and will be able to organise some blood tests and a referral to my Immunologist Doctor Paul. Steps towards better health!


  • I am incredibly fortunate to have support from this madosphere, the mental health bloggers, who are terrific and wise and funny and brave. Thank you!


I have to admit, I feel happier for having made that list. It cancels out all the worries and stresses I normally have on my mind. Maybe I will have to make it a regular thing. Neil and I are currently in the midst of a Buffy The Vampire Slayer marathon, after seeing the original movie on television a couple of weeks ago. I have all the DVDs (and Angel). My latest saying has become "What Would Buffy Do??" when I get negative. While I'm not planning on taking up staking or kick boxing, having an attitude of strength and survival is all-too-important.

7 comments:

Rubye Jack said...

I'm glad to hear things are happier for you Lil. Thinking positive really does help a lot when this stuff.
I hope the Lupus is somewhat better or soon will be.

Sairs said...

These are awesome positives Lil! I know when I do mine that I always feel better afterwards too. They just seem to have that effect on me. I love the pic of Roxy, she is very cute. Keep on doing the good work :)
*hugs*
Sarah

Anonymous said...

That's a great list, Lil! I really need to do one of those myself. Loving the pic of Roxy, btw - what a cutie! Keep on keeping on. *hugs* Wishing you wellness! :)

MRS PRN said...

Hi Lil...firstly its nice to meet u, and thankyou for commenting on my blog. I agree with you that life is all about the choices you make and choices affect your self esteem. You can change your thinking, change your perspective as you have done yourself in this inspiring post. Thankyou for the reminder!

Just Be Real said...

Nice to see an encouraging post dear one. Your list is encouraging as well. What a sweet picture as well. Such a cutie pie. Thank you dear one for your continued support. Blessings to you and safe hugs.

JC said...

You are so awesome Lil. I love you. I love your blog and what you say. You lead a great example. As a rule, we have to fight. But when we can "fight well" then we find success in life.

Also, I just wanted to let you know that I've changed my blog name and url but it's still me, the same Jane (Fashion my castle to stand). (If you click on my name you'll be directed to the new url) <3

Anonymous said...

Hey Lil, hope you're feeling well. Just wanted to drop by and let you know that I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award! If you're interested in accepting, check out my blog to find out how:

http://bpdisme2.wordpress.com/2011/05/14/versatile-blogger-award-d/

*hugs* :D