Joy lies in the fight, in the attempt, in the suffering involved, not in the victory itself

(Ghandi)

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

the dizzy, dancing way you feel

Here’s the best and the worst thing about life. You never know when it’s going to surprise you, and throw you the most amazing unexpected curve ball that changes everything. This is what’s happened to me, people.

My date with Bachelor No 2 was a bit of a non-event, no sparkage and heavy-effort conversation, and he took three phone calls on his cell phone during our date, which I found a bit rude. So he went into the “no, thank you” pile. A week later, along comes a new prospect, who sounded great in his profile but you just never know. It's easy to write a great profile, not so easy to impress in person. We talked for a couple of hours on the phone and really hit it off. Then I met him for bowling and dinner on Saturday and to use a terrible pun, I was totally bowled over! Bachelor No 3, let’s call him Lloyd, made me laugh more than anyone has in years, and he’s smart and sensitive and handsome and interesting. Most incredibly of all, HE LIKES ME. He really likes me. I am trying to play it somewhat cool, but we’ve seen each other every day since Saturday and it’s progressing nicely. For the first time ever I feel coy in writing this blog, like there are details I want to keep to myself rather than sharing every darn thing the way I usually do. Suffice to say, I can’t wipe the smile off my face and the hope in my heart is stronger than ever. I’m determined to enjoy this as long as it lasts and try not to sabotage it with my crazy ways.

Thank you to the always gorgeous Joni Mitchell for today's title, it's from Both Sides Now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you Lil. You deserve it.
K.x

Ruby Tuesday said...

Hurrah for Joni, good dates and for you! I agree that you should enjoy this - and try not to be so surprised that someone likes you! xx

Wandering Coyote said...

Wow, wow, WOW!!! I am so thrilled! Don't share what you don't want to, Lil, for crying out loud! Savour away! I can't tell you how happy I am for you!

Polar Bear said...

Cool!! Hope things continue to progress - sounds like a great guy! And you deserve one!

Manda said...

Wow! Lil, this is awesome. One thing you may not know about me is that I am a hopless romantic. My degree is in Lit and my favorite time period of literature is the romantic period. And when I read for fun it's those dirty romance novels. So anyway, this is something that totally makes me happy, hearing about one of my blog buddies romance! And girl, you don't have to share anything! Have you ever seen Titantic? Rose, the old lady, said "There are many secrets to a woman's heart." So we don't need to know everything! I am so glad for you.
Hugs,
Amanda

Borderline Lil said...

@ Kate - thanks sweets, it's nice to hear that!

@ Ruby - I wish I could believe it, it's so sad that we're always able to believe the worst, isn't it?? Thanks for stopping by!

@ WC - I'm happy for me too, and it's great to share (and savour LOL) good news!!

@ Polar - I think he is a great guy, and I wish I could believe I deserve him. I'll keep working on that. Take care x

@ Amanda - Another thing we have in common, as I am a hopeless romantic as well (: Thank you for the support my friend